Our Belfast Oscar programmes are approved by Ministry for Vulnerable Children, Oranga Tamariki (previously Child, Youth and Family) so parents are able to access WINZ subsidies, please read the information below and download brochure to find out if you are eligible for a subsidy.
The OSCAR Subsidy (Out of School Care and Recreation Subsidy) is
for children aged 5-13 years (or up to 18 years if they receive the Child Disability Allowance). It helps towards the costs of before and after school care of up to 20 hours a week, and school holiday programmes of up to 50 hours a week.
You could get this subsidy if you are:
- working, doing a work related activity or studying or
- seriously ill or disabled or
- paid the Child Disability Allowance for any of your children or
- caring for a child that is in hospital.
The service that provides the care must be approved by Oranga Tamariki.
You can’t get the OSCAR Subsidy if the child’s other caregiver can take care of the child unless you get the Child Disability Allowance for that child.
To qualify for either subsidy you must also meet these conditions:
- you must be the main caregiver of the child and
- your family must be on a low or middle income (this could be income support) and
- you must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident and
- your child must have at least 3 hours of care a week.
If you don’t know how many hours of care you’ll need each week (because you are a casual or on-call worker for instance), we’ll talk with you about your options when you apply for a subsidy.
Click here to go to Work and Income website to find information about OSCAR subsidies.